my dream job

 I am currently in the six semester of my visual arts degree, I would like to take the option of pedagogy and then take a postgrade in art therapy (I recently learn that the university of Chile imparts it) to dedicate myself to help kids who experienced trauma, help them to live through it and deal or express it throug art. Also, my partner (who studies occupational therapy and is in his last semester) and we have the dream of make a clinic for people with eat eating disorders. We both would like to use our personal experiences in connecting with people in order to help them.I really don't know how much money would be need it in order to do all of my dreams come true, but I have an estimate of my salary as a teacher working in public schools and the salary of my partner if he work in the public area. We often dream and talk about the best place, the people we would need, etc. 

My artistic expression also revolves around these issues, having as references autors like Gavin De Becker and Bessel Van Der Kolk as one side and artist like Frances Cannon, Glen Martin Taylor, Polina Osipova and Hannah Jewett, I try of express my own traumas from different aspects, such as the family, the body, the public, etc.


Comentarios

  1. wow!!!!, it sounds very interesting what you say, you are going to make it!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. what a beautiful project, I hope you can make it happen, art therapy is very healing, I'm glad it is being considered.

    ResponderEliminar

  3. how nice! I believe that art helps to heal even if we do not do it consciously, the power of reflecting on it makes it even more beautiful

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares